How did God design you? This was the question asked of us at our January Women of Promise Brunch. Our missionary to Poland, Danuta Case, presented to the ladies the following 6 truths on how we are made.
1. In His image. “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.” Genesis 1:27
2. God’s Spirit Lives In Us. “Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you?” 1 Corintians 3:16
3. Wonderfully; a little lower than the heavenly beings. “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” Psalm 139:14. “You made him [man] a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor.” Psalm 8:5. “Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies.” Proverbs 31:10
4. To Love. “The older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior…, teachers of good things – that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children…” Titus 2:4
5. To Be Strong. “I can do everything through him [Christ] who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13
6. To Keep Growing. “But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.” 2 Peter 3:18
Danuta Case shared with us the trials she and her family persevered through as they served the Lord on the mission field. She reminded us that God allows difficult situations in our lives because He wants to grow and mature us. If I can impart anything to you today, she said, it would be this “Don’t Quit. Don’t Give Up. Endure.”
If God calls you to do something, His spirit lives in you and He will equip you with what you need. “He created you a little bit lower than the heavenly beings – what more powerful can that be?” Danuta asked. “So don’t let the world fool you…that you are not worthy.” she said.
Remember in Proverbs 31:10 that the virtuous woman is worth far above rubies. How much more precious can you be if you allow Him to shape you into how He wants you. God often uses other people to mature us. Danuta reminded us that “the next time someone irritates you, stop and ask the Lord ‘Are you trying to develop me?'” Our Lord already knows the situation we are in, and He will use that to change us for the good.
So, are you the woman God called you to be? Remember God’s spirit lives in you. He loves you enough to grow you. You are worthy to be the person He designed you to be.